First of all, what are Google docs? And, what are they used for?
Google docs are online documents, very similar to Word docs and its tools.
There are many uses we can give to these docs. However, I will briefly mention the most useful and relevant ways in which we, teachers of English, can apply Google docs in our (techie) classrooms.
We can mainly use them to:
- Do collaborative writing online.
- Present grammar and lexis.
- Have an online board for students (for feedback).
- Upload tasks, links and images to share with the whole class.
- Allow students to share their written production with their teacher and peers.
- Have digital notes on out lesson plans, for instance, or students' marks and progress as well.
The idea was to refresh the topic of essay writing so, in class, they were able to edit all together at the same time the doc to brainstorm ideas. They were also able to watch a video and then, at home, (by creating a doc for each of my students) they had to write their own essays. Finally, they edited their peer essays by making some comments together with my help.
I must say that the experience was really rewarding because my students worked a lot, showed enthusiasm (on essay writing!) and all the effort that I had devoted to create the task was highly successful.
Hope you like it. Have a loook at it:
I'm glad using Google docs with your students was worth the effort! Good luck on your blogging!
ResponderBorrarThanks, Gabi. :)
ResponderBorrar